Factory Logistics - Warehouse
The Warehouse Department is part of the Brighton Factory Logistics team supporting the 24x7 operation of the Blades Factory by receiving, storing, and distributing, materials, tools, equipment, and products within warehouse locations.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Safely expedite the transport of hazardous materials and waste, from accumulation sites, to 90 day storage, within strict regulation requirements.
- Inspect, weigh, load, document, transport of hazardous materials and waste through shipping and receiving documents, bill of lading, and manifests.
- Comply with state and federal regulations for handling, storage, disposal, transport etc. of hazardous materials and waste.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Intermediate computer skills and skill with Microsoft programs.
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in environments where toxic or corrosive chemicals are stored and transported.
- Ability to create a safe work area
- Strong Natural Ability to Work in Teams
- Good skills driving equipment
- Good sense for details
- High Degree of Adaptability & Flexibility
- Strong Desire to Learn New Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent Work Ethic, Dependability & Dedication to Team/Company
- Personal Desire/Value to Produce Quality Work